4 Alternatives to Airalo eSim
As a travel blogger, I’ve been to my fair share of countries. And one thing I’ve learned is that having reliable internet access is essential for staying connected with friends and family, getting around, and finding information.
That’s why I always make sure to pack an eSIM with me when I travel. ESIMs are digital SIM cards that can be activated online or through an app. They’re a great option for travelers because they’re convenient, affordable, and easy to use.
Airalo is one of the most popular eSIM providers in the world. They offer a wide variety of plans for different countries and budgets. However, there are a number of other great eSIM providers out there that offer similar or even better features and prices.
Here are four alternatives to Airalo eSIM:
Holafly is a service that provides international eSIM cards, allowing you to stay connected without the need for physical SIM cards or incurring expensive roaming fees. It’s a great alternative for travelers who want to stay connected without the hassle of dealing with different local SIM cards in each country they visit.
They have a wide variety of plans to choose from, including data-only plans, voice-only plans, and combo plans. Holafly also offers a variety of discounts, including a 10% discount for first-time customers.
How Holafly eSIM works:
- Check if your smartphone is compatible: More than 200+ devices support eSIM, but certain devices from specific regions may not be compatible. For example, certain iPhone and Samsung Galaxy models from mainland China, Hong Kong, Macao, and the US, and Google Pixel 3 devices from Australia, Japan, Taiwan, and South East Asia are incompatible. You can check your device’s compatibility on Holafly’s website.
- Buy your prepaid eSIM: Choose the plan that suits you best from Holafly’s online store.
- Scan the QR code: After purchase, you will receive a QR code via email. Scan the QR code and turn on data roaming from your device’s settings. Now, you can enjoy browsing the web
Ubigi is a global connectivity solution that provides affordable and reliable eSIM data plans for a wide range of devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and connected cars. Here are some of its key features:
- Ubigi offers global coverage in over 160 countries.
- They provide prepaid data plans that are available immediately after purchase. Their plans are flexible with a wide range of options based on the user’s needs.
- Ubigi also offers specific plans tailored for popular destinations such as Europe, Asia, and the Americas.
- To ensure users stay connected, Ubigi allows topping up and checking data usage through their app or website.
- Ubigi’s eSIM is compatible with a wide range of devices that support eSIM technology, including iPhones, iPads, and Windows 10 laptops.
How Ubigi eSIM works:
- Check Device Compatibility: The first step is to ensure that your device is compatible with eSIM technology. Ubigi supports a wide range of devices, and you can check compatibility on their website.
- Purchase an eSIM Plan: Once you’ve confirmed that your device is compatible, you can buy an eSIM plan from Ubigi’s website. They offer a variety of plans, including global data plans and plans tailored to specific regions or countries.
- Install the eSIM Profile: After purchasing, you will receive an email with a QR code. You can then scan this QR code with your device to install the eSIM profile.
- Activate the eSIM: Once the eSIM profile is installed, you can switch to it in your device’s settings. After this, your device will use the Ubigi eSIM for data connectivity.
Please note that while I’ve been able to find some general information about Ubigi and how its eSIM works, for the most up-to-date and detailed information, including pricing, coverage, and device compatibility, it would be best to visit Ubigi’s website directly.
3. Airhub eSim
Airhub eSIM is a global mobile data service that allows you to connect to the internet wherever you are. It offers prepaid, no-contract data plans that are easy to set up and use. Once you have your eSIM, you can easily add a data plan, and it becomes active immediately, allowing you to use the internet wherever you are12.
One of the main benefits of using Airhub eSIM is that it’s a digital SIM, which means there’s no need for a physical SIM card. This makes it a convenient and flexible option for travelers, as you don’t have to worry about changing SIM cards when you move from one country to another.
How Airhub eSIM works:
- Purchase a plan: Choose a plan that suits your data needs and the country or region you’re traveling to.
- Receive your eSIM: After purchasing, you’ll receive an email with a QR code. This is your digital eSIM.
- Install your eSIM: On your phone, go to Settings > Cellular > Add Cellular Plan, then scan the QR code provided.
- Activate your plan: Once the eSIM is installed, you can activate your data plan and start using the internet immediately. It’s as simple as that.
4. Nomad eSim
As we move towards a more global society, our need for seamless connectivity increases. A solution to this is the Nomad eSIM, a prepaid electronic SIM that offers affordable local data rates in over 100 countries worldwide.
With Nomad eSIM, you get more than just a data plan. You get a reliable travel companion that’s ready to take on the world with you.
How Nomad eSIM works:
- Purchase: Choose your desired Nomad eSIM data plan on their website or app. Options are available for individual countries, regions, or a global plan, depending on your travel itinerary.
- Download: Once purchased, you’ll receive an eSIM profile. This is a QR code which you’ll need to scan using your eSIM-compatible smartphone. This process downloads the eSIM to your phone.
- Activate: Navigate to your phone’s mobile data settings and activate the Nomad eSIM profile. This process might vary slightly depending on your phone’s operating system, but the Nomad app or website will guide you through it.
- Connect: Once activated, you’re good to go! You can start using your data immediately, just like a traditional SIM.
- Manage: Throughout your journey, you can manage and monitor your data usage through the Nomad app. If you find you’re running low on data, you can easily top up directly through the app.
- Travel: Enjoy seamless connectivity as you explore the world, safe in the knowledge that Nomad eSIM is keeping you connected without emptying your wallet.
From the moment you embark on your journey, Nomad eSIM is there to ensure your connection to the world remains uninterrupted. Unleash the spirit of your inner nomad, and let the world be your playground with Nomad eSIM.
So, which eSIM provider should you choose? It depends on your individual needs and preferences. If you’re looking for a wide variety of plans and features, then Holafly, Ubigi, Airhub, or Nomad would be a good option. If you’re on a budget, then Airalo may be a better choice.
No matter which eSIM provider you choose, you’ll be sure to stay connected while you travel. So don’t forget to pack one in your suitcase!
In addition to the five eSIM providers mentioned above, here are some other things to consider when choosing an eSIM provider:
- Price: ESIM prices vary depending on the provider, the country you’re traveling to, and the amount of data you need. Be sure to compare prices before you make a purchase.
- Plans: ESIM providers offer a variety of plans, including data-only plans, voice-only plans, and combo plans. Choose a plan that meets your needs and budget.
- Features: Some eSIM providers offer additional features, such as free global roaming alerts and support for multiple devices. Consider which features are important to you before you make a purchase.
- Customer service: If you have any problems with your eSIM, you’ll want to be able to get help from the provider. Choose a provider with a good reputation for customer service.